Extinction

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extinction

Extinction

+2
Proxim
Nailz
6 posters

Last night....

Nailz

Last night.... Empty Last night....

Post  Nailz Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:08 am

Could anyone care to explain what happend last night and if it was a one time event? Myself got really pissed off.
    I take a day off from everything,when all i get is a silly little line in /raid that there will be no raid that is quite demoralising. No explanation and nobody seems to know anything.
    Proxim

Last night.... Empty Re: Last night....

Post  Proxim Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:22 am

I am not quite sure why things went down like they did, the only thing i know is that there was some fuss about me signing on korinsan to tank. To begin with i was basically told,that i needed to switch to my healer, not asked to, but i said no since i signed with my tank. After a bit of discussion things went the way they went.
    Nailz

Post  Nailz Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:13 am

Ah well , atleast i know something was going on then, Dont know how they sort these things out tbh, i just saw alter signups on the raidar, but cannot confirm this 100%. I am quite sure these are issues that can be sorted with common knowledge cant speak for all, but i can bring any of my chrs in about any spec there is aslong as i feel i got the gear for it. Just find it a tad odd that a rather small issues like this kills all raid plans for a night when i know some of us forsake alot of other stuff to be able to make raid times.! Trex/Marv would really like to know from your point of view on how the raid deal with dual signup.
    Proxim

Post  Proxim Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 am

I agree that things like this can be resolved easily, we just have to open a discussion about it rather than saying nothing and dispanding raid. Most of us have to make arrangements for RL-stuff to be able to sign for raids and it isnt really nice to go through all that trouble to end up doing nothing. I get a chance to raid once a week and that is what i usually look the most forward to doing every week. I feel it is a shame that this isnt discussed among us all when we face these problems, perhaps that is something we need to do more ?

My thoughts : I have always brought what has been needed to a raid like everyone should know, that is why my tree is geared up and why my tank is suffering now. I never get the chance to take him since i am expected to heal now after max joined. That is why i do not understand why it would be a problem when i dont want to switch to something else. It cant be expected of me that i always take to a raid what others need and not what i want to take where it seems everyone else has a choice.

(I do understand that there might be some confusion about my signups last night. I just want to point out tho that if you check raidar then it shows that i signed with Korinsan and then says that i also signed with sunhorn, this is a glitch in the page as i only signed with korinsan. I signed with sunhorn to start with out of habbit but designed him and then signed with korinsan. After it said that i signed with both wich was just not the case)
    Nailz

Post  Nailz Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 am

When it comes none farm instances i think we should allways bring whats best for the group, i.e Rotface it would be insain to bring a undeargeard tank to this and i am quite sure you would never recomend that yourself prox Smile. But as we stand now with so many alts there would be a option to bring alts to icc ( while we struggle on rotface) and gear em up there, dunno about you but i can manage to heal in icc with nailz for a "alt" run.
    Proxim

Post  Proxim Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:57 am

Hehe, yes i must admit that i agree with that.. Rotface is a challange and would never try to bring my tank if i didnt trust him to do the job properly.

We shouldnt be afraid of trying new things and swapping specs or chars every now and then, we have few ppl that sign for raids and we have to try and do what we can to get the best possible group from what we have. I just dont think it is fair that that always falls on the same people. I know you would do a fine job healing on nailz and i think other people would probably do a good job with other specs/chars. Expecially now when it is so easy to get geared up for icc.

Perhaps we should start looking into who has what (tanks, healers or dps) and try and set up some sort of rotation for the roles?

We are a good group of people and i love that im a part of it, we could be doing so much better with better communications between us and if we get people more involved with the raids.

( Just for the record, if last night was cause of me then i oppologize, it was not my intention to cause any problems. I just felt it was time to dust my pally off a bit before he went anal from sitting on his ass. )
    trexda

Post  trexda Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 am

Ok iD just like to say that the raid was not cancelled last night.I left because we had 3 tanks in a ten man raid and when i asked the other tank what we should do i didnt get a fair answer so i left to save the hassle. When sky found out i had left he decided to do the same but even then there where still 8 ppl in the raid group.Id also like to add that i have raided on trexda right from the start and have never moaned about always bringing him cuz i know he is my best char and the best for the raid group. i have never missed a raid sign up and am always there to help.But just lately things dont seem the same ppl wanting to go other guilds and ppl not happy about this and that, lack of regular sign ups and things like that are putting me off the game.and last night was 1 of those times when i just thought ahhh screw this its to much hassle.
    Coldblaze

Post  Coldblaze Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 am

Im not always good with choise of words so i hope this doesnt sound mean in any way.
    Its not just last night, i dont really know what happend, and i dont care tbh.
    Lately ppl dont sign for weeks our sign a few hours before, are late, leave with out reason our even a word.
    I raid ones a week and would like to do more but just cant at the moment, i pug what i can and get the gear i need to raid, and i try to help others out. I check forums and video's about the raids we need to do. I do alot to be there a 100% when im there. Last night the raid was short, i did my best to join so that the raid would happen, and then this happend. I was mad, no pissed and dissepointed tbh.
    I think we should talk about this and do something about this.
    The ppl in this guild are great and we had some fun times, i hope it stays like that and that we can talk this out, and get this stuff sorted, so we can raid again have a laugh when we do!
    Nailz

Post  Nailz Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 am

Sorry Trex but the raid had to be conciderd canceld. we lost a Main Tank one out of Two pure Healer signed and the Raid Leader/Dkp Sorter. There is almoste immposible to replace a main tank to icc on wednsday within a hr unless you are lucky. Anyways i think we kinda start making some rules for Raids, to make it alot easyer on everyone, and mabye alot more easy to organice, i offerd my service before regarding managing raid when it comes to invites group setup etc etc.
    trexda

Post  trexda Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05 am

My earlier post clearly states the reason i left the raid. at the time we had 3 tanks in the group 2 main and 1 off tank so when i left there was still an off tank and a main tank as max has the best gear in the guild.I didnt leave to screw up the raid i left cuz we couldnt go with 3 tanks.And if sky decided to leave that was not my choice.I have already asked ppl to stick to some kind of rules within the raid force but after about a week ppl dont care anymore. The main reason we fail is because we never have a regular group its hard to move on when you only get the right kind of group once a week if your lucky.I love the ppl in this guild and would love to sort out the problems we are having but i just dont see how we can do that when half the raid force doesnt sign and the other half moans about 25 mans. It seems to me that the ppl who at causeing the problems are also quick to moan when they do finally sign and we dont get a group.Well i alway sign and am one of the ppl who always feel the disapointment of not raiding again and again.I think the only way to sort out this problem is for ppl to realise when they dont sign they are letting down 8 or 9 other ppl i know its only a game but everyone needs to commmite to at least two nights a week on a regular basis for it to work cuz whats happening at the moment is some ppl sign on wednesday and friday and others sign on wednesday and sunday so we never get a full group other than on a wednesday. this is not good and unless we do some thing about it things will not change.I think the main reason aeon and guilds like that do well is simply because they have so many ppl that the guild members know if they dont commite they will be replaced ,but as we dont have that option ppl know they will get an invite even if they havent signed for weeks.I would like to have a chat on vent at some point with the main and reliable ppl in this guild on what can be done to sort out these problems once and for all so we can move on as a raid force or give up and just have a guild.
    Coldblaze

Post  Coldblaze Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 pm

So ppl we didnt raid for 2 weeks now, are we all going to stick our heads in the sand, and cry about not raiding, our are we gonna get moving? Do we want to work on it and get raids done our do we want to sit on our asses and hope someone else is gonna do it for us? (no one else will do it for us ofc)
    I cant ask in wow, because ppl cant log in, soo pls tell me what we are going to do, because i like raiding to much to just sit here and wait.........

I know i sound like a bitch but my patience is running out!
    Nailz

Post  Nailz Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 am

Seems Max left and trex is MIA, so dunno what status is on the tanks behalfs, i dont mind tanking but i need hints and pointers from trex on that part. But as for now we need more members to the raid force or atleast getting ppl to sign, it is make or break for me when it comes to raiding with extinction.
    Coldblaze

Post  Coldblaze Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:48 am

yep i think its save to say max left. Prox still has Korinsan and proxim, then there is Doom that has his tank up pretty high but i dont know if he wants to tank our when he will be back.
    I would like to try and get more members in, but alone is not really a option, so we all do it, our its time to think my options over.
    Nailz

Post  Nailz Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 am

Well do we got anyone that will lead the raid ? I would suggest Trex but as he is not around or dont respond i dont know if anyone is willing to lead the raid, i can do it for a short period of time, but i dont want to stand alone when it comes to recruitment.
    trexda

Post  trexda Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 am

hey nailz im gonna be completely honest with ya.I dont think im gonna come back to wow for a while at least. i got real fed up with all the hassle and decided to have a go at aion instead,which i am enjoying alot. im still on vent everyday and still have my wow account.The main reason i played wow was to raid but ppl were not signing so i found myself standing around in dalaran doing nothing for hours or doing randoms with noobs hopeing ppl would log on. i have been offered a spot in a good raiding guild but tbh i would rather not play than go off with another raidforce after all the effort i put into this one.I do hope that you can sort things out so ppl can raid again but the only way i can see that happening is if you recruit alot of ppl to compensate for those who only sign when they can be bothered.
    DarkerFate
    DarkerFate

Post  DarkerFate Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Weird how things change.
    I'm completely unable to log in still. Mostly due to the fact that I hardly have enough money to buy food right now. Let alone pay for a subscription.

But in all honesty, just doesn't seem like it's a place I want to be returning to.
    Mainly due to the fact that I just wasn't having fun anymore. Not my kind of fun anyway.

We'll see how it goes.
    Shaamoo

Post  Shaamoo Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 am

i dunno whats happened of late seems to be trend to go awol .

maybe start advertising for new members to join , no need for recruitment officer everyone can invite i think .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content